A Dhoby-Ghaut-Bound Platform of Bras Basah Station
The station was commissioned through the Marina Line Architectural Design Competition jointly organized by the Land Transport Authority and the Singapore Institute of Architects. The competition required no track record and is acknowledged by the industry as one of the best run competitions held in Singapore to date.
During the opening of the station in 17 April 2010, Transport Minister Raymond Lim, who officiated the opening, said : "The Circle Line will enhance the quality of commute for the public - connecting homes, workplaces and social and recreational destinations more quickly and seamlessly." He also added that the stations will connect commuters to the "doorsteps of major cultural destinations" like the Esplanade and Fort Canning Park.
The station is located near Singapore Art Museum and also it nearby to Waterloo Street and a few minutes walk to Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts it is also linked to the Singapore Management University and Plaza by the Park tower at concourse level, below Bras Basah Road.
The station is the deepest station of the Mass Rapid Transit system at 35 metres below ground and its island platform is located at basement 5. It is also the station with the longest escalator, at 41.3 metres. To let light into the station, a reflective pool of water with glass panels outside the Singapore Management University was created.
The LTA commissioned a video work for the Art in Transit for this station. It is presented in 29 units of sound and images, forming a narrative of an action figure caught in a Chain of Wonderful Underwater Adventures. It is displayed in the evening at the concourse level of the station.
- Exit A - NTUC Trade Union House, NTUC Income Centre, Singapore Management University (Administration Building), Kum Yan Methodist Church, Singapore Art Museum,Bras Basah Complex, CHIJMES, National Library , Peranakan Museum, Raffles Hotel Shopping Arcade, Singapore Art Museum, Singapore Philatelic Museum, Stamford House
- Exit B - Singapore Management University Basement 1, Singapore Management University Li Ka Shing Library
- Exit C - Singapore Management University Basement 1, Singapore Management University Li Ka Shing Library, National Museum of Singapore
- Exit D - Plaza By The Park, Singapore Art Museum, Rendezvous Hotel
- Exit E - Plaza By The Park, Singapore Art Museum, Fortune Centre, Paradiz Centre, Parklane Shopping Mall, Rendezvous Hotel.
|Destination||First Train||Last Train|
|Mon - Sat|| Sunday &|
|to CC1 Dhoby Ghaut||5.53am||6.21am||12.02am|
|to CC16 Marymount||5.39am||6.06am||11.59pm|
|to CC11 Tai Seng||-||-||12.07am|
Current Station LayoutEdit
|L1||Street Level||Singapore Art Museum, Singapore Management University|
|B1||Concourse||Faregates, Ticketing Machines, Station Control, Transitlink Counter|
|B4||Transfer Hall||Escalators to concourse and platforms|
|Platform A||Circle Line towards CC16 Marymount (→)|
|Platform B||Circle Line towards CC1 NS24 NE6 Dhoby Ghaut (←)|
The following bus services pass by the bus stops of Bras Basah Road:
The following bus services pass by the bus stops of Stamford Road: