In total, there are 49 bus routes which are shortened or amended as part of the rationalisation.
24 January 1988Edit
- 22 (Ang Mo Kio-Tampines): Introduced as a new service.
- 27 (Tampines-Changi Airport): Introduced as a new service.
- 73 (Old Upper Thomson-Toa Payoh): Shortened to terminate at Ang Mo Kio.
- 138 (Ang Mo Kio-Robinson Road): Withdrawn.
- 140 (Toa Payoh-Shenton Way): Withdrawn.
- 141 (Toa Payoh-Cecil Street): Withdrawn.
- 176 (Jurong East-Bukit Panjang): Introduced as a new service.
13 March 1988Edit
- 107 (Serangoon Central-Shenton Way): Amended to ply Kallang Basin and Marina Centre.
10 July 1988Edit
- 187 (Bukit Panjang-Jurong): Introduced as a new service.
- 188 (Jurong-Jurong West Street 91): Introduced as a new service.
- 202 (Bukit Timah-Commonwealth Avenue West): Introduced as a new service.
- 205 (Clementi-Jalan Anak Bukit): Introduced as a new service.
- 212 (Buona Vista-Dover Road): Withdrawn.
31 July 1988Edit
- 75 (Clementi-Marina Centre): Extended to Choa Chu Kang.
- 177 (Bukit Timah-Choa Chu Kang Road End): Withdrawn. Parts of it were replaced by route 75.
- 185 (Choa Chu Kang-Shenton Way): Introduced as a new service.
23 October 1988Edit
- 11 (Somapah-New Bridge Road): Withdrawn.
- 12 (Somapah-Commonwealth Avenue): Extended to terminate at Pasir Ris and shortened to New Bridge Road.
- 14 (Somapah-Bukit Merah): Extended to Changi Village.
- 81 (Upper Changi Road-Shenton Way): Amended to Tampines Interchange.
- 154 (Jurong-MacPherson Estate): Diverted via Clementi Avenue 6 and Commonwealth Avenue West instead of Clementi Road.
- 155 (Somapah-Toa Payoh): Shortened to terminate at MacPherson Estate.
5 November 1988Edit
- 76 (Clementi-Jurong East Avenue 1): Withdrawn due to duplication of route 99.
- 98 - Amended to ply Jurong West St 51 and Boon Lay Way instead of Jurong West Ave 1 (The sector in between Corporation Road and Jurong West St 51) and Corporation Road (The sector between Jurong West Ave 1 and Boon Lay Way).
18 December 1988Edit
- 51 (Hougang South-Labrador Park): Extended to Jurong East via service 192.
- 55 (South Canal Road-Mei Chin Road): Integrated with service 195 and 203 to form service 195.
- 79 (Jurong East-Marina Centre): Route was merged with service 97.
- 97 (Jurong East-Hougang): Amended to ply via AYE instead of Pasir Panjang Road.
- 132 (Ang Mo Kio-Bukit Merah): Extended to Hougang South.
- 183 (Jurong-New Bridge Road): Withdrawn.
- 192 (Jurong-South Canal Road): Merged with service 51.
- 195 (Crawford Street-Lower Delta Road): Integrated with service 55 and 203 to form service 195. Became South Canal - Commonwealth Drive.
- 203 (Commonwealth Avenue-Margaret Drive): Integrated with service 55 and 195 to form service 195.
- 856 (Yishun-Woodlands): New service
5 March 1989Edit
- 76 (Yio Chu Kang-Marine Parade): Introduced as a new service.
- 159 (Toa Payoh-Ang Mo Kio): Amended to Lorong Chuan instead of CTE.
- 176 (Bukit Merah-Bukit Panjang): Amended to serve Upper Bt Timah Rd and Bt Batok West Ave 6.
- 211 (Marine Parade-East Coast Road): Withdrawn.
26 April 1989Edit
- 177 (MINDEF Car Park-Princess Elizabeth Estate): Introduced as a new service.
28 May 1989Edit
- 163 (Jalan Kayu-World Trade Centre): Shortened to Marina Centre.
- 315 (Serangoon-Serangoon North Avenue 1): Diverted via Serangoon Gardens.
- 318 (Serangoon-Serangoon Gardens): Merged with route 315.
11 June 1989Edit
- 94 (Sims Place-Shenton Way): Withdrawn.
- 168 (Ang Mo Kio-Shenton Way): Withdrawn.
11 August 1989Edit
- 95 (Clementi-Paya Lebar Airport): Withdrawn and replaced by 105.
27 August 1989Edit
- 26 (Bedok-Bendemeer Road): Extended to Toa Payoh replacing withdrawn 148.
- 145 (Toa Payoh-Kent Ridge): Amended to Buona Vista.
- 146 (Toa Payoh-Clementi): Merged with service 166.
- 148 (Toa Payoh-Buona Vista): Merged with service 26.
- 157 (Toa Payoh-Boon Lay): Amended to serve Jurong East and Jurong West New Towns.
- 166 (Ang Mo Kio-Labrador Park): Extended to Clementi.
- 186 (Clementi-Anson Road): Merged with service 145.
1 October 1989Edit
- 164 (Sembawang Road End-New Bridge Road): Withdrawn.
- 855 (Yishun-World Trade Centre): Introduced as a new service.
22 October 1989Edit
- 406 (Jurong-Chinese Garden): Withdrawn.
5 November 1989Edit
- 1 (Changi Village-Delta): Withdrawn.
- 13 (Ghim Moh-Bedok): Amended to terminate at Yio Chu Kang.
- 20 (Ghim Moh-Bedok): Withdrawn. Deleted sectors replaced by M2.
- 62 (MacPherson Estate-Rumah Tinggi): Extended to Hougang.
- 90 (Buona Vista-Paya Lebar Airbase): Withdrawn.
- 91 (Geylang Lor 1-Prince Edward Road): Withdrawn.
- 94 (Eunos-Airport Road): Re-introduced as a service.
- 100 (Serangoon-World Trade Centre): Extended to Ghim Moh.
- 111 (Hougang-Commonwealth Avenue): Extended to Ghim Moh.
- 175 (Tuas-Shenton Way): Shortened to Bukit Batok and amended to loop at Tuas Road. Withdrawn section covered by 192.
- 192 (Boon Lay-Tuas): Re-introduced as a peak-hour loop service between Tuas Terminal (Pioneer Rd) and Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT), with the shortening of service 175.
- M2 (Jalan Kembangan-Opera Street): New service to replace deleted sectors for route 20, acting as feeder service.
10 December 1989Edit
- 403 (Tampines Road-Pasir Ris Park): Amended to loop at Pasir Ris Drive 1.
10 March 1990Edit
- 173 (Princess Elizabeth Estate-New Bridge Road): This service was re-routed as Bt Batok Int to Jln Anak Bukit (Loop) via Bt Batok Central and Bt Batok St 21 instead of Bt Batok East Ave 3.
- 177: Extended to Bukit Batok and Bukit Panjang.
- 205: Amended to terminate via Toh Tuck Avenue instead of Old Toh Tuck Road.
16 April 1990Edit
- 126 (St Michael's-Beach Road): Withdrawn.
18 May 1990Edit
- 403 (Tampines Road-Pasir Ris Park): Amended to Pasir Ris.
2 September 1990Edit
- 13 (Bedok-Yio Chu Kang): Amended via Bishan Street 22.
- 56 (Toa Payoh-Bishan): Merged with service 58 and 150 to form service 56, which extends to Marina Centre.
- 58 (Bishan-Marina Centre): Withdrawn and was merged into service 56.
- 101 (Serangoon Gardens-New Bridge Road): Merged with service 83 and withdrawn.
- 150 (Toa Payoh-Crawford Street): Withdrawn and merged into service 56.
16 December 1990Edit
- 118 (Hougang South-Tomlinson Road): Withdrawn.
- 179 (Choa Chu Kang-New Bridge Road): Merged with service 190 and withdrawn.
- 190 (Bukit Panjang-New Bridge Road): Extended to Choa Chu Kang.
6 January 1991Edit
- 3 (Bedok-Jurong East): Withdrawn.
- 7 (Bedok-Jurong East): Cut back to Clementi Interchange. Amended via Clementi Ave 5 instead of Commonwealth Ave West and Clementi Ave 2. JRBP allocation transferred to BBDEP.
- 23 (Tampines-Tomlinson Road): Cut back to Rochor Canal Road (loop).
- 50 (Eunos-Bukit Merah): Withdrawn.
- 180 (Admiralty Road-Anson Road): Withdrawn.
7 April 1991Edit
- 41 (Bedok-Bukit Merah): Integrated with service 197 and withdrawn.
- 174 (NTI-New Bridge Road): Amended to Boon Lay Bus Interchange.
- 197 (Geylang Lor 1-Jurong): Extended to Bedok replacing 41. BNDEP control shifted from HGDEP.
27 April 1991Edit
- 193 (Princess Elizabeth Estate-Shenton Way): Withdrawn.
26 May 1991Edit
- 61 (MacPherson Estate-Bukit Batok): Extended to Eunos.
- 63 (MacPherson Estate-Bukit Merah): Extended to Eunos.
- 66 (Tampines-Jurong East): Shortened to terminate at Bedok.
- 67 (Tampines-Choa Chu Kang): Introduced as a new service.
29 March 1992Edit
- 5 (Bukit Panjang-Lorong 1 Geylang): Amended to ply Holland Ave, C'wealth Ave, Margaret Dr, Alexandra Rd, Lower Delta Rd, Jln Bt Merah, Kampong Bahru Rd and Eu Tong Sen St instead of Queensway, C'wealth Ave, Alexandra Rd, Ganges Ave and Havelock Rd.
- 14 (Changi Village-Bukit Merah): Route was amended at Bukit Merah End to run along Bt Merah Central, both to and from.
- 32 (Bedok-Buona Vista): Amended to ply Redhill MRT Station.
- 82 (Punggol Road End-Shenton Way): Amended to ply Hougang Avenue 2 and Avenue 8.
- 83 (Punggol Road End-New Bridge Road): Merged with service 147.
- 103 (Jalan Kayu-Buona Vista): Shortened to New Bridge Road with amendments of 5 and 32.
- 105 (Serangoon-Clementi): Extended to Jurong East.
- 147 (Potong Pasir-Clementi): Extended to Upper Serangoon Road [Hougang Central]
3 May 1992Edit
- 71 (Geylang Lor 1-Old Upper Thomson): Withdrawn.
- 72 (Serangoon-Tanjong Rhu): Withdrawn and merged with route 158.
- 76 (Yio Chu Kang-Marine Parade): Amended to ply Paya Lebar Rd, Tanjong Katong Rd and Amber Rd instead of Ubi Ave 2, Eunos Link, Jln Eunos and Still Rd.
- 104 (Serangoon-Upper Cross Street): Amended to terminate at New Bridge Road, and amended to ply Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 and Bishan Road instead of Lorong Chuan.
- 105 (Serangoon-Jurong East): Amended to ply Serangoon Avenue 2 and 3.
- 134 (Ang Mo Kio-New Bridge Road): Shortened to terminate at Bishan.
- 158 (Bedok-Toa Payoh): Merged with service 40 and amended to terminate at Tanjong Rhu.
- 163 (Jalan Kayu-Marina Centre): Shortened to terminate at Toa Payoh.
- 182 (Marsiling-New Bridge Road): Amended to terminate at Shenton Way.
- 185 (Choa Chu Kang-Shenton Way): Amended to terminate at Jalan Anak Bukit.
- 186 (Shenton Way-Farrer Road): New service in order to replace the eastern part of service 185.
- 194 (South Canal Road-Yong Siak Street): Withdrawn.
- 195 (South Canal Road-Commonwealth Drive): Amended to terminate at Shenton Way Terminal.
- 312 (Serangoon-Serangoon Avenue 3): Merged with service 105.
16 May 1992Edit
- 40 (Bedok-MacPherson Estate): Diverted via Telok Kurau Road and Siglap Road.
28 June 1992Edit
- 30 (Bedok-Boon Lay): Amended to ply ECP and Fort Road instead of Nicoll Highway and Shenton Way.
- 64 (MacPherson-Mei Chin Terminal): Diverted to terminate at Sims Place.
- 196 (Bedok-Boon Lay): Shortened to terminate at Buona Vista.
20 September 1992Edit
- 137 (Toa Payoh-Singapore Zoo): Withdrawn.
- 161 (Sembawang Road End-Shenton Way): Withdrawn.
- 167 (Admiralty Road West-World Trade Centre): Extended to terminate at Bukit Merah; and at the same time diverted to Sembawang Road End.
- 850 (Yishun-Bukit Merah): Withdrawn.
- 857 (Yishun-Admiralty Road West): New service.
15 November 1992Edit
- 196 (Bedok-Buona Vista): Extended to Clementi.
- 197 (Bedok-Boon Lay): Shortened to terminate at Jurong East.
- 198 (Boon Lay-Sims Place): Extended to Boon Lay and shortened to Bukit Merah. Deleted sectors covered by 64. HGDEP allocation transferred to BNDEP.
29 November 1992Edit
- 2 (Changi Village-Buona Vista): Shortened to terminate at New Bridge Road. BBDEP allocation transferred to BNDEP fully.
- 4 (Pasir Ris-St Michael's): Shortened to terminate at Tampines, the affected section replaced by route 4.
- 9 (Changi Airport Cargo Complex-Lorong 1 Geylang): Shortened to terminate at Bedok.
- 21 (Pasir Ris-Geylang Lor 1): Re-introduced as a service.
- 27 (Tampines-Changi Airport): Extended to terminate at Pasir Ris.
- 28 (Tampines-New Bridge Road): Withdrawn.
- 29 (Tampines-Changi Village): Trips were truncated to terminate at Changi Village after 1930 hrs.
- 55 (Ang Mo Kio-Marine Parade): Re-introduced as a service.
- 147 (Upper Serangoon-Jurong East): Alternate trips shortened to terminate at Clementi.
- 148 (Clementi-Lorong 1 Geylang): Withdrawn.